Oct 29, 2009

south lantau country trail again!

D & I went for a hike yesterday morning. We chose the lovely South Lantau Country Trail again. We hiked this trail in July before. It was a pretty easy hike, good for warming up our muscle prior to any serious hikes next month. This time round, we spent quite a bit of time foraging for plants that I needed to make terrariums with ... there was a variety of ferns...and some other plants which I couldn't put a name on ... so I took home ferns, ferns and ferns! Guess I'll have an all ferns terrarium! I managed to use the ferns gathered to make 7 terrariums with recycled glass jars! Now I have mini terrariums all over my house!!! This is just the trial phase, as I do not have all the materials needed to make a complete terrarium, I still lack activated charcoal and sphagnum moss .... I'll probably get some on my next trip downtown.
Aside from gathering the plants, D & I did some trail-running to make up for lost time .. it was a new experience for us , we had to focus on the rocky uneven dirt path every step of the way in order to avoid spraining our ankles or even tripping on the rocks and stones. I find trail running very satisfying albeit the risk involved. We might be doing it again this weekend......till then... (photos on side bar)

No comments:

Post a Comment