Jul 8, 2009

lovely trail! South Lantau Country Trail

overlooking Chi Ma Wan peninsular

D & I hiked the South Lantau Country Trail this morning, from Pak Kung Au to Nam Shan, 7km in distance with official time of 2 1/4 hours, but it took us a total of 3 hours which included breaks and lots of photo-taking. It was such an enjoyable trip and the weather was great! Thankyou Lord! The trail crossed many streams and waterfalls. The waterfalls are simply lovely, and there are quite a number of them! What a pleasant surprise indeed! For a moment I thought I was stream-trekking! haha I reckoned this is a good trail for beginners to train for stream trekking! The paths are uneven dirt road with stones and rocks, which required some skills to negotiate. Proper footwear is highly recommended (we wore our trekking boots). The trail has a very back to nature feel, no proper cement road in sight and it was also full of spiders and webs....Perfecto! : ) I love it (not the spiders though) ! This is a trail that I wouldn't mind hiking again in the future if I wanted something simple, natural and with lovely waterfalls. A thumbs up for today's hike!






No comments:

Post a Comment